Here is a sample volunteer covenant that you can use and implement in your church / ministry.
NAME OF Church
Have been a regular attender / member of X Church and believing that the privilege of guiding people in a total commitment to Christian discipleship is worthy of my surrender to God’s call I agree to:
Belief and Doctrine
- Believe and teach that the Bible is the divine, inspired Word of God, and that the Scriptures are “truth without any mixture of any error” (II Timothy 3:16) as well as discipline my life to conform to the Bible doctrines commonly held by our church as stated in the current Statement of Faith.
- Cooperate with the established church leadership and the organizational life of our church as to vision, purpose, values, and constitution.
- Order my conduct in keeping with the principles of the New Testament, and seek leadership and strength of the Holy Spirit that I may be an example of Christian living, that my conduct may not cause anyone to stumble, and that I may be faithful and efficient in my work.
- Contribute regularly to the Lord in tithes and offerings through the budget of my church.
- Endeavor to make verbal and lifestyle witnessing a part of my life.
- To pray regularly for the church, fellow believers, and church leadership.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like and cooperative spirit at all times.
- Be regular and punctual in attendance at worship services and other events and in case of unavoidable absence, give notice thereof as far in advance as possible. (I Corinthians 4:2, Hebrews 10:25)
- Take responsibility and fulfill my particular duties each week. (II Timothy 2:15)
- Attend the regular planning meetings of my leadership area unless providentially hindered. (Luke 14:28-30)
- Avail myself of opportunities for leadership training, studies in teaching methods and development of my spiritual life in order that I may be well informed as to good leadership principles and methods (Proverbs 15:28a and II Timothy 2:15).
- Cooperate wholeheartedly in the plans, ministries, and activities of the church. (I Corinthians 3:9)
- Seek to discover and meet the needs of those who are enrolled as members or prospects. (Galatians 6:2)
- Submit to the leadership of x
It is my goal and heart’s desire to be the godly leader God has called me to be. If, at any time I am unable to fulfill these guidelines in all good conscience, I will relinquish my position and submit to Godly discipline.
Ministry Team Members Name ___________________________ Signature Date
The Elders are committed to and will seek to assist and counsel leaders to be successful in their ministry.
Ministry Team Leaders Name _____________________________ Signature Date
* This covenant is to be renewed one year from the date it first comes into effect.